About Me--click photo

My photo
Eldora, Iowa, United States
Hello- welcome to my blog. My name is Tom Christopher and I have been a landscape artist for many years. I enjoy painting scenes near my home in rural Eldora, Iowa. I am a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America and a Charter Member of the Pastel Society of Iowa.

2013 Workshops

2013 PASTEL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

1. May 4 and 5...Maquoketa Art association. Maquoketa Iowa.
2. May 18 and 19 Des Moines Art Center. Des Moines Iowa
3..September 12,13,and 14 Eurekas Springs Art center
Eurekea Springs Ar.







Thursday, October 22, 2009

Plein Air pointer


From time to time I like to submit ideas I have come across or developed that may be of assistance for artists working in plein air. Here is an example of a modification on an exisiting product. I have not been able to get used to using the regular viewer on the right as it is too small for me to compose a scene. I increased the size to 5"x7" with a wood frame and suddenly it all seemed to make sense. I am lost with out this larger viewer and am careful to pack it along with my other plein air geer. regards tom

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for doing the wonderful workshop. I absolutely love the oversized viewfinder. My tiny viewfinder is history! I would be still squinting through that thing not knowing of this perfect solution. Thanks for making my life easier - no more squinting, double vision, mono vision, oh fling the darn thing struggles! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete