About Me--click photo

My photo
Eldora, Iowa, United States
Hello- welcome to my blog. My name is Tom Christopher and I have been a landscape artist for many years. I enjoy painting scenes near my home in rural Eldora, Iowa. I am a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America and a Charter Member of the Pastel Society of Iowa.

2013 Workshops

2013 PASTEL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

1. May 4 and 5...Maquoketa Art association. Maquoketa Iowa.
2. May 18 and 19 Des Moines Art Center. Des Moines Iowa
3..September 12,13,and 14 Eurekas Springs Art center
Eurekea Springs Ar.







Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Recession busting --working small


Hello --out of frustration during this recession I came up with a plan. I am currently represented by 4 galleries in Iowa. I asked them to give me some ideas on selling my painting in this challenging economic climate.. I was requested to try some smaller scale paintings that could be priced at considerably lower . I came up with a 8x8 inch landscape. I don't spend alot of time on these pieces and am able to complete several in short period of time. So far the sales have been amazing and I have enough work to keep me busy for a good long time. Here is one of the paintings I completed this am.

3 comments:

  1. It was interesting to read your comment about smaller paintings. I, too, started painting smaller and just put several of my 8x10's in my gallery. Hope I sell as well as you have.
    I like and enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. You should do well with the small paintings. Lovely. Are you doing oils and pastels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Dalsing and Jo, thanks for responding to my blog. So far I have been doing pastels mostly because I am able to produce several in a relatively short time. I must admit I am not making alot of $ however it is a good way to provide exposure for my work. I will coninue to provide more information on some more Ideas I am working on for marketing my work. Thanks again Tom

    ReplyDelete