About Me--click photo

My photo
Eldora, Iowa, United States
Hello- welcome to my blog. My name is Tom Christopher and I have been a landscape artist for many years. I enjoy painting scenes near my home in rural Eldora, Iowa. I am a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America and a Charter Member of the Pastel Society of Iowa.

2013 Workshops

2013 PASTEL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

1. May 4 and 5...Maquoketa Art association. Maquoketa Iowa.
2. May 18 and 19 Des Moines Art Center. Des Moines Iowa
3..September 12,13,and 14 Eurekas Springs Art center
Eurekea Springs Ar.







Sunday, November 8, 2009

Who would have known

I have to pass on an interesting tibit.. Last week I traveled to Cedar Falls, Ia, about an hour from my house. I needed to replenish some pastels and it has a good art store with a fair assortment of pastels. The sales person noticed me looking through the nupastels and asked me this question. " Can you tell me why we keep selling out of one color of nupastel called Bottle Green"? Sure enough all the various colors of nupastel were represented except Bottle Green.. I informed the salesman that Albert Handell always mentions in his videos and workshops that Nupastel has a dark green called Bottle Green and it is his favorite pastel . Who would have known Handell has so much influence on pastel artists even here in the rural midwest. AS it goes I was intending to purchase as many sticks of bottle green I could afford as I 've been using the color ever since I attended Handell's mentoring workshop last year in Minnestoa. I guess I will have to order online....tom

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I will check and see if I have that color!

    ReplyDelete