About Me--click photo

My photo
Eldora, Iowa, United States
Hello- welcome to my blog. My name is Tom Christopher and I have been a landscape artist for many years. I enjoy painting scenes near my home in rural Eldora, Iowa. I am a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America and a Charter Member of the Pastel Society of Iowa.

2013 Workshops

2013 PASTEL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

1. May 4 and 5...Maquoketa Art association. Maquoketa Iowa.
2. May 18 and 19 Des Moines Art Center. Des Moines Iowa
3..September 12,13,and 14 Eurekas Springs Art center
Eurekea Springs Ar.







Monday, December 28, 2009

Snow scene wip #1


Hello -- I started this painting tonight. the following photos depict the progress thus far. I will finish the painting in the next couple of days and continue to post my progress. In the first photo I have sketched the composition with charcoal.. I then used a paint brush and water to create a value study to quickly determine the light and dark areas of the landscape. this painting will measure 24x30 inches and is painted on Uart pastel paper. I am using an assortment of pastels including Mt Vision, nu-pastel and terry ludwig pastels.

No comments:

Post a Comment