About Me--click photo

My photo
Eldora, Iowa, United States
Hello- welcome to my blog. My name is Tom Christopher and I have been a landscape artist for many years. I enjoy painting scenes near my home in rural Eldora, Iowa. I am a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America and a Charter Member of the Pastel Society of Iowa.

2013 Workshops

2013 PASTEL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

1. May 4 and 5...Maquoketa Art association. Maquoketa Iowa.
2. May 18 and 19 Des Moines Art Center. Des Moines Iowa
3..September 12,13,and 14 Eurekas Springs Art center
Eurekea Springs Ar.







Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 30 plein air


A beautiful morning to paint on location--16x20 pastel on papar

3 comments:

  1. A fantastic painting. The calligraphic strokes convey so much joy. The light just dances across that surface.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, are you back?? Eyes OK? I sure hope so, and have missed your work. When I am out plein-air, I ask nyself---What would Tom Christopher do?? How would he start? It helps, really. Trees are so hard!! Do you paint Aspens? Do they grow there?? This one is beautiful, as usual. thanks,!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much Nika and Ida.
    Ida,I am still healing up after my eye surgery but am now able to paint for a good length of time. It was great to be outside painting plein air after a long absence. We are not fortunate to have many aspens in my area, I wish we did as they are beautiful trees.I am working on a painting demo I will post here on my bog. It may be helpful to you in understanding how I approaach landscape painting in pastels. I will include a section on trees . thanks again tom

    ReplyDelete