About Me--click photo

My photo
Eldora, Iowa, United States
Hello- welcome to my blog. My name is Tom Christopher and I have been a landscape artist for many years. I enjoy painting scenes near my home in rural Eldora, Iowa. I am a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America and a Charter Member of the Pastel Society of Iowa.

2013 Workshops

2013 PASTEL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

1. May 4 and 5...Maquoketa Art association. Maquoketa Iowa.
2. May 18 and 19 Des Moines Art Center. Des Moines Iowa
3..September 12,13,and 14 Eurekas Springs Art center
Eurekea Springs Ar.







Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ali's Bend--pastel on Uart paper. I finished this pastel today. I wasn't pleased with the color and composition at first. After todays's effort I feel it now flows much better.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christopher, I love your pastel work. Have you always used UArt paper? I am fishing around looking for good sanded paper I love Wallis so. Do you tape the edges of your paper when you are painting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely work sir.I loved the colors and the composition in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks very much Carole and Megha. Carole I use prinarily Uart paper . I have used Wallis in the past which is also a good product. I use the 400 grit uart paper which is a medium sand texture. Yes I usually tape the outside to a hard surface. Thanks again...tom

    ReplyDelete